Terminator 2: Hands of Fate http://fanedit.org/ifdb/media/reviews/photos/thumbnail/300x300s/fc/39/5c/_t2-hof-front-134189704429.jpg
Note: This fanedit was originally released in August 2009. The HD version released November 2013 replaces that.
- NTSC DVD-9
- AVCHD (DVD-5)
ThrowgnCpr FE trailers
* new title sequence
* add throwgncpr to intro credit
* fixed bendy-knife stunt error when Arnie gets stabbed in bar.
* created completely new audio for “Bad to the Bone” scene
* cut “How’s the knee” line. It contradicts the notion of her behaving for several * months. However I kept the most of the scene (up until the next cut), because I think it’s a good intro to Sarah, and shows how much the events have affected and changed her.
* cut SE scene where med students beat Sarah to take pills
* trimmed first dream sequence to start with Kyle passing the doorway (cut talk about their son, and hugging). He is now just a quiet messenger.
* cut “model citizen” line by doctor. It just seems like tacked on cheese.
* recut shot where truck jumps/crashes into canal to fix windshield continuity error
* cut motorcycle jump in dirtbike / truck / motorcycle canal chase scene. trimmed chase scene a bit.
* cut SE scene where T1000 goes to check dog collar
* reinstate scene where T1000 raids John's bedroom
* trim scene where John makes Arnie do tricks in parking lot *** different than v1 fanedit
* cut part where med student/guard licks Sarah’s face after locking her down. I felt that this was completely unnecessary. Her brutal escape is now driven by her focus and determination, and never really includes any hint of revenge.
* reframed scene where T1000 approaches group in hospital, to remove continuity error where female guard on floor should be.
* trimmed SE scene where John convinces Sarah not to destroy chip after removing it from head. Cut the line about him being his friend. If he wants to truly be taken serious as a leader, then he doesnt want to be buddies with the terminator.
* Removed John teaching Arnie jive-talk in the car. This was my least favorite scene where John tries to teach Arnie about human emotions and behavior, and I find it just a tad too cheesy. This also allows “Hasta La Vista, Baby” to be removed from the film.
* hybrid gas station scene - tightened up a bit. less goofy smiling *** different than v1 fanedit
* cut “No Problemo” after Arnie successfully starts truck
* cut “Trust me” right before Arnie shoots up cops from building
* cut “Hasta la vista, baby” prior to shooting frozen T1000 (audio cut only) Scene duration is still intact, but no speaking.
* removed audio for “I need a vacation”
* cut thumbs up at end
* cut SE happy ending
* completely new credits (to match exact style of original credits)
Very enjoyable edit. The goal of removing the extra cheese was carried off very well. Removing the cringe worthy portions made it a much better film for our current time. The only negative I had was the the dialog channel seemed at a lower volume than the rest, but that maybe I should have fiddled with my amplifier more. Don't forget to view the Fanedit "making of" featurette. The editor explains all the steps he went through to clean up a scene and the difficulties involved. (such as inappropriate music polluting all of the audio channels) I like seeing the nuts and bolts of fanediting, it gives an appreciation of what is required to make these changes seamless.
I can loathe T2 no more. THIS edit is a must have! All the cuts are clean and keep the film flowing nicely. I would personally liked to see a few more things cut of the Terminator acting human, but you have removed plenty as it is. You MUST give this edit a watch! I am not sure why the score is so low for this, I am giving it a well deserved 10.
This is an excellent fan-fix. From the excellent integration of the new titles, to the overall tone created by the editor, this is what a fan-edit is all about.
As the editor points out, T2 is a classic, but that doesn't mean a nip/tuck can't provide some genuine improvements. Highlights include cutting of lots of cheese, especially bad to the bone and thumbs up, and including some scenes from the extended edition was a nice touch.
Not so highlights: Some of the cuts were quite noticeable, especially the 'I need a vacation' line, and a couple of others, but it didn't really matter too much. If the line annoyed you that much, have it out I say.
Well done on a great edit, and thanks for releasing in HD!
i think my problem with this edit lies more to do with the actual film than the edit itself. as with many fanedits i haven't seen the original in a while and I've gotta say i didn't like T2 as much this time around. the action scenes hold up really well but it's the whole terminator been more human that drags the film down. i like in T3 when the terminator just say's that was a different terminator with this film your almost lead to believe that this is the same terminator from the first film. edward furlong acting and the whole bart simpson with attitude really dates the film horribly, also the dialogue isn't always up to scratch. having worked on a terminator edit i feel that film is far superior
the edit doe's cut a lot of crap and while some moments work well others don't. i still feel there was too much of the whole why do humans cry, to the i swear i will not kill anybody moments. the scene in which kyle appears is done really well here as i din't much care for that scene, while i understand the reason for cutting the sarah connors 'how's the knee' part this scene was too noticeable that something had been removed. same too with the 'i need a vacation line'
overall i feel if your gonna keep some of the more cheesier moments from T2 then the thumbs up and hasta la vista baby parts should have been left in. the bar scene is done well, i didn't have too much of a problem with the bad to the bone music. finally the terminator standing on one leg removal is done effectively.
overall it's a entertaining edit but i felt it was lacking in certain areas.
T2 is one of the best action/sci-fi movies ever. I always considered the "Bad to the Bone" scene and the various cheese to be an annoyance, but they weren't deal breakers. However, after watching this edit, it becomes immediately obvious how changing the scene in the bar completely alters the tone of the film up until John meets the T-800. When he first sees him at the mall, John is scared of Arnie's Terminator, as he should be, and the viewer is unclear on the T-800's intentions as well. This is a major improvement, and is the way it should've been all along. I'm glad most of the cheese is gone, but there's still just a little left (just about the right amount).
The audio and video editing is top notch, and the amount of work that went into reworking the bar scene is really impressive. As always, ThrowgnCpr dazzles with his amazing menu screens!
Highly recommended edit!!