• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Plumbing's Our Game

DonkeyKonga

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

So the mario movie was great. And I will edit it when it's released.

Apart from one or two jokes that I might cut there are two things I really hated:

The 80s songs. The 80s songs need to be replaced with banger mario tunes.

The voice actors: Seth Rogan needs to be re-voiced by a lower voice and more ape sounding guy. And cranky needs to sound older and crankier. Which will be both done by an indredibly attactive voice actor: me.

The problem with Chris Pratt for me is that he just sounds like plain old himself. I'm seeing Mario but hearing Starlord.
I can imagine that. I personally had this with DK, but not so much with Pratt. I kinda how they used the OG voice actor in a very meta way, which helped me accept Pratt's mario as it's own thing. At least Pratt sounded like he was trying, which I can't say about Seth Rogan who was probably stoned on set.

Please get someone to do a shrill Toad voice also.
I mean if someone can do that I'm game to add it to my edit. I am sure most people will like my DK and Cranky kong. DK just needs to be more apelike sounding and Cranky needs to not sound like a jew stereotype.
Heres hoping they release a Martinez cut. That would be awesome.

Honestly wouldn't mind Bowser's Peach song being cut too.

Honestly wouldn't mind Bowser's Peach song being cut too.

No way that I would cut this out to be honest. It's one of the only moment I truly was surprised the movie taking a bit of a risk story-wise.

I mean it's basically a love song by a dinosaur convinced he's amazing and in love with someone else who is amazing. It's actually pretty funny visually.

I dont think there is much to cut, just a few small jokes here and there maybe. The movie already runs at a very brisk pace.

Peaches just feels out of place. Feels more like a Tenacious D Jack Black song rather than Bowser. But it's fine, I can always cut that part out myself for my own personal use.

Peaches just feels out of place. Feels more like a Tenacious D Jack Black song rather than Bowser. But it's fine, I can always cut that part out myself for my own personal use.

Depends on the games you play. A lot of the mario rpg games could easily have bowser break out in song. Hes very eccentric in those.

We need to get videogamedunkey to redub Donkey Kong in this fan edit.
Seriously, I cannot think of a more perfect voice actor for Donkey Kong than Dunkey.
Also, Vinesauce Vinny and Joel as Wario and Waluigi, respectively.

It's one of the only moment I truly was surprised the movie taking a bit of a risk story-wise.
I understand where you're coming from and I respect it for trying something different but for me it doesn't really land.

Thanks for the heads up!!! Wish I had pro recording material. Alas I will have to make due with what I have.

So the mario movie was great. And I will edit it when it's released.

Apart from one or two jokes that I might cut there are two things I really hated:

The 80s songs. The 80s songs need to be replaced with banger mario tunes.

The voice actors: Seth Rogan needs to be re-voiced by a lower voice and more ape sounding guy. And cranky needs to sound older and crankier. Which will be both done by an indredibly attactive voice actor: me.
I think what could be interesting is if you replaced Take on Me by Aha with Jungle Boogie by KOOL and The Gang it fits the jungle vibe more could be worth a try other than that just jungle music or some musical score.

Another suggestion is Fred Tataschoire who is a voice actor and has a whole back catalogue of voices he's done you could try have a look see if any clips of him could be used to replace Rogan in the role. Also for the DK rap part if you keep that in instead of him rapping it himself you could just put the music in and have the sound effects of Donkey Kong from the games gearing up and being excited.
Although it's entirely up to you and I have all the fate in you that you could do a great Donkey Kong 🙂

Back
Top Bottom