• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Cast your vote for our WAVE 2 Tie-breaker's for 2023: MARCH// JUNE// SEPTEMBER// DECEMBER

ST - Star Trek

Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (1984)
I don't know if the fact that I was far, far more excited to see this for it's 40th anniversary at the cinema (finally!) than any other film this year, says something about modern films, or if I just totally adore Star Trek 3. I spent the couple of weeks before the screening humming James Horner's 'Stealing the Enterprise' music to myself in anticipation. That score sounded glorious out of big cinema speakers and the visual FX and all the new miniature designs looked spectacular. The pacing is perhaps a bit off, seeming far too slow at the start and far too fast at the end but I still love it.

By the way... I've been re-playing a lot of Fallout 4 at the minute, in which NPCs randomly carry on with their lives and talk as you walk around. As the airship Captain Kells (voiced by Voyager actor Tim Russ) is on the intercom briefing the crew about various things I walked past the ship's doctor who was asking another crew member "Please state the nature of the medical emergency" :LOL: .

Last edited:
I do often wonder with how... "passionately outspoken" fandoms tend to be these days how The Search for Spock would be received if it were released today, specifically with regards to the destruction of the Enterprise.

I do often wonder with how... "passionately outspoken" fandoms tend to be these days how The Search for Spock would be received if it were released today, specifically with regards to the destruction of the Enterprise.

I imagine part of the reason IV has

Kirk and company reinstated to Starfleet on an outwardly identical Enterprise A was to restore the status quo to appease fans. Kirk even gets his old alliterative rank back. I don't disagree with any of this, but III ended with the unique opportunity to see our heroes operate outside of Starfleet's rules, on a unique ship with the ever-useful cloaking device. It could have gone in a very different direction.

Back
Top Bottom