9.3 3 10
(Updated: March 18, 2024)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Just watched the new version mentioned yesterday and as a relative newbie here, I must say I really enjoyed it.

I recall I really wanted to like the theatrical version when I went to see it, but afterwards I realized it wasn't what it could have been. It felt all senior and not as leaner.

Now thankfully the movie is transformed. It was like watching an old skool Indy movie but just with an old(er) Indy. Relatively speaking, all killer, no filler.

Having reviewed the Ratings Score Guide I will dig a little deeper than just a chirpy 10 stars across the board. Yes, there are times when the fixed audio and visual editing is vaguely noticeable but it's almost undetectable and a vast, nay, a VAST improvement on the original.

I had wanted to re-watch this movie for years but it had some overlong meh and chunks of tedium that kept me away. Now I feel I have a version I can revisit.

Ultimately this gets a clear 10 out of 10 for Enjoyment because it is just what I've always wanted the movie to be.

Thank you @TheFoxMan @spence @DonkeyKonga

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched
Digital
Owner's reply March 19, 2024

Thanks so much for your review - I really appreciate it and I’m so glad you enjoyed it. I think we all had that same experience the first time we saw the original.

I appreciate the honest feedback and I’m always revisiting audio tweaks and jumpcuts to see if I can make them just a tad better.

Thanks again!!

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments