• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in FEOTM Reboot Wave 1 tie breakers! December 2021 - March 2022 - May 2022

The Last TV Show/Episode You Watched... (quick one or two sentence reviews)

Mandalorian S3 Final Episode....
Lots to like, the path there was convoluted, and padded BUT, there is a sweet core in there...
Theres a 160 min movie of the 3 seasons CRYING OUT to be made...but I have other fish to fry...
It's in my head though, if anyone wants to tackle it...?
Man - I’m with you - there’s some good stuff in there! I’m just not as ambitious as you to rip 3 seasons of content and sort through all of it. I feel there were so many throwaway episodes in season 1 and 3 - season 2 was pretty solid.

I wish I could win the lottery and just focus on this stuff! Haha!

Man - I’m with you - there’s some good stuff in there! I’m just not as ambitious as you to rip 3 seasons of content and sort through all of it. I feel there were so many throwaway episodes in season 1 and 3 - season 2 was pretty solid.

I wish I could win the lottery and just focus on this stuff! Haha!
I could give you the outline if you want to collab?
DM moi if you fancy...your Indy edit was TOP NOTCH!

I could give you the outline if you want to collab?
DM moi if you fancy...your Indy edit was TOP NOTCH!
Thanks again for the kudos on Indy! I’ll send you a message!

YOUNG SHELDON the two episodes finale....

... not enough tissue in the world. 😭

Heartbreaking. Beautiful. And, of course, funny.

Thank you Mr. Lorre.

YOUNG SHELDON the two episodes finale....

... not enough tissue in the world. 😭

Heartbreaking. Beautiful. And, of course, funny.

Thank you Mr. Lorre.
The fact that Young Sheldon has far surpassed Big Bang Theory in every way, production and writing quality included, is interesting. I was surprised how much the show hooked me--but the characters are superbly written and performed.

The fact that Young Sheldon has far surpassed Big Bang Theory in every way, production and writing quality included, is interesting. I was surprised how much the show hooked me--but the characters are superbly written and performed.
I still love TBBT, watch reruns regularly... but yes, Young Sheldon took it to a whole new and different level.
In some respects, it reminded me of "The Wonder Years" starring Fred Savage.

Very curious about the next spin-off "Georgie And Mandy's First Marriage" since it will be returning to the multi-camera studio audience format.

I still love TBBT, watch reruns regularly... but yes, Young Sheldon took it to a whole new and different level.
In some respects, it reminded me of "The Wonder Years" starring Fred Savage.

I like TBBT too tbf but yeah

Very curious about the next spin-off "Georgie And Mandy's First Marriage" since it will be returning to the multi-camera studio audience format.

Oh wait yeah that’s happening too, isn’t it? Exciting—considering they were the best part of the show

Just finished watching the season one final of SUGAR.

Thoroughly enjoyed this art house neo-noir detective series with a twist.
Really hope it gets a second season. (y)

The fan editor in me wonders...

Could one remove the alien element and make it a straight Private Eye story?

Just finished watching the season one final of SUGAR.

Thoroughly enjoyed this art house neo-noir detective series with a twist.
Really hope it gets a second season. (y)

The fan editor in me wonders...

Could one remove the alien element and make it a straight Private Eye story?

We just finished Sugar too. A really good noir detective series that is completely undermined by a twist that is unearned and unnecessary. Really ruined an otherwise great show for both my wife and me.

Yes, I think it could be removed. The story works without it and I don’t think there is any scene that is crucial that also shows the twist.

We just finished Sugar too. A really good noir detective series that is completely undermined by a twist that is unearned and unnecessary. Really ruined an otherwise great show for both my wife and me.

Yes, I think it could be removed. The story works without it and I don’t think there is any scene that is crucial that also shows the twist.
I can't help wonder if the series would have played stronger if the "reveal" had happened within the first two episodes instead of episode six? Personally, I think the premise added a nice off center freshness to the proceedings, even if the execution could have been stronger. I could totally see being a tv show in the 80s done by someone like Cannell or Larson lol.

Last edited:
DARK MATTER (AppleTV)

Watched the first two episodes and so far we are enjoying it. Somewhat similar in concept AppleTV's recently cancelled Constellation, but much less convoluted and more intimate in scale. Looking forward to seeing how it unfolds.

I can't help wonder if the series would have played stronger if the "reveal" had happened within the first two episodes instead of episode six? Personally, I think the premise added a nice off center freshness to the proceedings, even if the execution could have been stronger. I could totally see being a tv show in the 80s done by someone like Cannell or Larson lol.
If you’re going to go that direction, I think you need to frame it that way right from the start. This was poorly executed Shyamalan territory and that’s saying something!

DARK MATTER (AppleTV)

Watched the first two episodes and so far we are enjoying it. Somewhat similar in concept AppleTV's recently cancelled Constellation, but much less convoluted and more intimate in scale. Looking forward to seeing how it unfolds.
I read the book which was an okay summer read type of sci-fi page-turner. I think it suffers for me from my feelings of multiverse fatigue. I’m watching the show, but my wife passed on this one so it’s probably going to be slower going. The show seems fine so far, but I struggle to see how it will fill nine episodes given what’s in the book.

Unfortunately I think we’re seeing the dark side of streaming. With premium cable channels and streaming services all competing to get the next big show, we’ve been blessed with a plethora of great television series over the past decade. Now, the race seems to have shifted and if a show is too challenging or needs time to develop, too bad! If eyeballs drop off before a season finale, you can bet it won’t be renewed. That seems to be the MO these days. It’s a shame and I worry that the golden age of TV is drawing to a close. Way back when, my wife and started Breaking Bad but found the first two episodes too depressing to watch during our bleary-eyed stupors of having twin infants. My FIL encouraged us to keep going and, of course it became our favorite show ever. I wonder if Breaking Bad would’ve been greenlit for a season two these days.

I just finished watching Moral Orel, what a show. I've missed out on a lot of Adult Swim content over the years. This one in particular I've been interested in for a while, but I've held off because the good things I've heard about it were mostly about season 3, and I didn't want to commit to watching two whole seasons before that. I'm glad I finally got around to it, because this show is very well made and it hits hard. It starts as an unhinged dark comedy with some interesting religious satire, then over time the characters start to become more real, everyone is miserable including the audience. One of those things where there really isn't anything I can say about it that hasn't already been said before (and likely better articulated). No Children by the Mountain Goats is a song that's already constantly running through my head (for some reason), and this show does not help with that.

Hacks (Max) season 3 finale! I love this show so much, and was kind of wary of a third season after what felt like a great series finale back in season 2 - but honestly they made their best episode yet here. Completely justified continuing and I'm glad it's been renewed for a fourth season already. It's so overlooked to the point I would have been worried we'd get no resolution for this new chapter.

Went to my first ever early screening of anything and it was for the Acolyte. Theater was so packed people had to leave for coming in too late. Definitely a unique experience.

As for the show, I thought it was entertaining as hell. Looking forward to the rest of the season. Hope everyone enjoys it today!

Under the Bridge. As a parent of two kids heading to middle school, this was terrifying. As a show it was just middling. Not terrible by any means, just not the home run I hoping for.

Back
Top Bottom